News Roundup (August 14, 2018)
1. Meltwater Launches Data Science Platform Fairhair.Ai to Tame Real-Time Market Signals Found in World’s Online Data ||| Vanir.app Powered by Fairhair
2. Forty-five State Library Associations Partner With ALA To Offer Joint Student Membership Program
3. Finding/Contextualizing Related Content: “This MIT Startup (Acciyo) Provides a Way To ‘Binge Watch’ News Articles (via Sloan School of Management/MIT
4. University of Sydney Selects Ex Libris Alma and Primo
5. Nearly 500K Added Broadband in 2Q18, Almost Double From The Same Period Last Year (via Telecompetitor)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.