The following article appears in the June 2018 issue of C&RL News.
Members of the ACRL Research Planning and Review Committee
Vol 79, No 6 (2018)
From the Article:
Every other year, the ACRL Research Planning and Review Committee produces a document on top trends in higher education as they relate to academic librarianship. Topics in this edition of ACRL Top Trends will be familiar to some readers who will hopefully learn of new materials to expand their knowledge. Other readers will be made aware of trends that are outside of their experience. This is the nature of trends in our current technological and educational environments: change is continual, but it affects different libraries at different rates. The 2018 top trends share several overarching themes, including the impact of market forces, technology, and the political environment on libraries.
- Publisher and vendor landscape
- Fake news and information literacy
- Project management approaches in libraries
- Textbook affordability and OER
- Learning analytics, data collection, and ethical concerns
- Research datasets acquisition, text mining, and data science
- Acquisition model developments
- Open access collection development policies and funding schemes
- Legacy print collections
Direct to Full Text Article