News Roundup (May 30, 2018)
1. Reviewer Recognition: Publons Partners with SAGE Publishing
2. Baylor Libraries Wins Texas Digital Library Award for Black Gospel Music Restoration Project
3. Task Force Will Determine Future of Dartmouth College Press
See Also: Dartmouth College AAUP Chapter Statement on Faculty Consultation, Prompted by the closing of the University Press of New England (May 14, 2018)
4. World’s Largest Library of Biomedical Images and Animations Gifted to University of Texas at Austin School of Engineering
5. Maryland Restricts Inmates Access to Books (via CBLDF)
6. Brennan Center Urges State Department to Abandon the Collection of Social Media and Other Data from Visa Applicants ||| Full Text of Letter to State Dept.
7. New Report: Open Science and its Role in Universities: A Roadmap For Cultural Change (via League of European Research Universities)
32 pages; PDF.
Filed under: Associations and Organizations, Awards, Data Files, Digital Collections, Interactive Tools, Libraries, News, Open Access, Roundup
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.