From the STIP Compass Website
The STIP Compass is an initiative of the European Commission and the OECD to collect together in one place quantitative and qualitative data on national trends in science, technology and innovation (STI) policy. The portal supports the continuous monitoring and analysis of countries’ STI policies and aims to become a central platform for policy research and advice supporting government officials, analysts and scholars.
Data is freely accessible following the FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-usable). The STIP Compass incorporates more than 500 interactive dashboards and provides a sophisticated search tool with smart filtering that facilitates policy discovery.
Taxonomies lay at the heart of the system. These are conceptual models of the world of STI policy that STIP Compass uses to structure and link the data. A tagging vocabulary of more than 1 000 terms, developed for the OECD-World Bank Innovation Policy Platform, is also used to link the data in the policy explorer interface.
- Other developments in the pipeline over the next two years include:
- Developing new dashboards to view the data
- Extending the range of linked open dataLinks to more publications
- Links to official statistics
- Links to new datasets
- Building taxonomies to improve search and discoverability of the data
- Assembling a community of users to help guide future developments
Learn More About STIP Compass
Direct to Interactive Dashboards
Direct to Policy Explorer