The solicitation number is RFI-COP20180089.
From the Solicitation:
The United States Copyright Office (USCO) Copyright Modernization Office (CMO), in support of the registration, recordation, and licensing capabilities, is seeking information on how an interested contractor could manage the development of USCO capabilities into a new, web- based, cloud-hosted Enterprise Copyright System (ECS). The ECS could be accomplished through a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution, through a COTS augmentation, or through a custom build.
The USCO administers the national copyright registration and recordation programs in accordance with the U.S. copyright law. Certain provisions of the Copyright Act, codified in Title 17 of the U.S. Code, govern the submission, review, indexing, and legal presumptions pertaining to the act of registering claims to copyright and publicly recording documents relating to copyright ownership. Examples of recorded documents include assignments of copyright title, licenses, terminations of transfers, security interests, bequests, and other instruments relating to the ownership or expiration of copyright interests. The USCO has administered copyright registration and recordation for more than a century.
The enterprise capabilities of the ECS listed by USCO in the RFI include:
- Provide access to a federated or smart searching capability to quickly search and filter through all USCO records, providing meaningful and useful results, and facilitating user research such as ownership and chain of title.
- Create an online payment collection system using either integration with pay.gov, or another, secure system that has significant audit and review capabilities for the payment collection and verification process and provides for USCO reconciliation requirements with the U.S. Treasury.
- Provide for robust financial and statistical tracking and reporting across all systems. Financial and statistical tracking and reporting will consider the needs of USCO customers as well as USCO federal reporting responsibilities as part of the Library of Congress, including financial and reporting workflows between the USCO and other Library of Congress offices.
- Provide for tracking and monitoring of workflows to facilitate required activity cost allocations between the USCO appropriations and to facilitate the appropriateness of the USCO fee structure.
- Access to / integration with a Help Desk system to manage account, access, and other IT related issues to the system
You can read the complete RFI here (PDF).
Updates and additional files will be accessible via the RFI-COP20180089 notice page.
The U.S. Copyright Office is a separate federal department within the Library of Congress.