News Roundup (April 25, 2018)
1. E-book Sales Fell 10% in 2017 (via Publishers Weekly)
2. New Issue: Library Publishing Coalition (LPC) Quarterly Update (April 2018) Now Online
Note: Includes link to complete program for upcoming Library Publishing Forum.
3. First YouTube Community Guidelines Enforcement Report Published; 8.2 Million Videos Removed Between October – December 2017. ||| Highlights Blog Post
4. Oxford University’s Bodleian Libraries Will Presents Once-in-a-Generation Exploration of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Vast Creative Genius, Opens June 1, 2018)
Note: After the exhibit of the Bodleian ends (October 2018) it will move to the Morgan Library in New York City (Jan. 2019) and the bibliothèque nationale de France (BNF) in late 2019.
5. European Commission Wants More Public Data Made Available for Reuse (via EU Observer)
Official News Release: European Commission Puts Forward a set of Measures to Increase Availability of Data in EU
6. Arizona State University Scholars Save Priceless Manuscripts From Obscurity
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.