News Roundup (April 20, 2018)
1. Wikipedia Co-Founder’s 8,000-Word Essay on How to Build a Better Wikipedia (via The Next Web)
2. UNC Greensboro Chosen as Hosting Partner for Coalition to Advance Learning in Libraries, Archives, and Museums (CALLAM)
3. Purdue University Launches “Integrative Data Science Initiative”
4. Qatar National Library and British Library Sign Agreement for Digitisation (Phase Three of Partnership) (via Gulf Times)
5. How Google Autocomplete Works in Search (via Official Google Blog)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.