News Roundup (April 12, 2018)
1. National Library Associations Offer Praise For House Administration Committee Approval of FDLP Modernization Act
2. Share Your Code: Cambridge University Press and Code Ocean Announce Partnership
Note: In the past six months Code Ocean has also announced partnerships with SPIE, CLOCKSS, and Taylor & Francis.
3. Emily Morton-Owens Elected 2019-20 LITA President
4. Karen Munro Elected ACRL Vice-President/president-Elect
5. Digital Preservation Network Welcomes New Board Members (Sam Gustman; Maurie McInnis; Martin A. Philbert; Carolyn Walters)
6. UC Berkeley Library: With $4 Million in Gifts, The Bancroft Library Launches a New Program in Western Americana
7. Oxford University Press to Publish Shakespeare Quarterly with Folger Shakespeare Library
8. FOIA Advisory Committee Set to Vote on Final Report and Recommendations on April 17th
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.