From the International Federation of Library Associations:
IFLA’s eagerly-awaited Global Vision Report Summary launches today, Monday 19 March, at the IFLA President’s Meeting 2018, revealing incredible insights into the views of over 31,000 participants from 213 countries and territories and across all seven continents.
The Global Vision discussion highlights show libraries are:
- Dedicated to providing equal and free access to information and knowledge
- Deeply committed to core roles in supporting literacy, learning and reading
- Focused on our communities
- Embracing digital innovation
- Strong advocates for libraries at national and regional leader level
- Aware that funding is our biggest challenge
- Eager to work more collaboratively and develop strong partnerships
- Desiring to be less bureaucratic and resistant to change
- Proud to be guardians of the memory of the world
- Attracting young professionals deeply committed and eager to lead
The full Global Vision report will be presented in August 2018 during IFLA’s World Library and Information Congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Direct to Full Text Report
4 pages; PDF.
See Also: Launch Event (Recorded on March 19, 2018)