News Roundup (January 18, 2017)
1. SAGE Publishing Expands Data Offering with the Purchase of Data-Planet
2. American Psychological Association (APA) Releases New Journal Article Reporting Standards
3. Slide Presentation: “Research Data Management @Harvard”
20 pages; PDF.
Jan. 17, 2017
Presentation at Datafest 2018 by Mercè Crosas, Ph.D., Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, IQSS Harvard University
4. DuraSpace Board of Directors Changes Leadership
5. Namibia: National Library Closes Over Funding (via AllAfrica)
6. Less Than 10 Percent Of Google Users Turn On Two-Factor Authentication (via Cyberscoop)
7. Immersify – Innovative Technologies For Virtual Reality (via Ars Electronica)
8. Discover the Data Behind the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (via Elsevier)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.