News Roundup (January 8, 2018)
1. Full Text: Statement by CEO of Macmillan Re: Cease-and-Desist Demand From Trump’s Lawyers re: Fire and Fury ||| Full Text of Cease-and-Desist Letter from Trump’s Lawyers (via DocumentCloud)
2. Facebook, Google, and Huawei Fund New AR/VR Research Center at the University of Washington
3. hoopla Adds Thousands of eBook Titles From Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
4. Funding: Vanderbilt University Receives $1 Million Gift to Support Library Fellows Program
5. Book Aid Sends 930,000 Books to World’s ‘Most Vulnerable’ (via The Bookseller)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.