News Roundup (December 6, 2017)
1. Open Citations: A Letter From the Scientometric Community to Scholarly Publishers (via International Society for Informetrics and Scientometrics (ISSI))
2. ARL Urges International Federation of Library Associations to Consider Civil Liberties in Conference Site Selection
3. Oops! Apparent Google Update Glitch Disconnects Student Chromebooks In Schools Across The U.S.
4. Caroline Brazier, The British Library’s Chief Librarian, Announces Retirement
5. JSTOR introduces Campus Activated Subscriber Access (CASA)
6. Anne Langley Named New Dean of the UConn Library
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.