1. Coko (Collaborative Knowledge Foundation) & eLife Partner on First PubSweet Fueled Journals Submission & Peer-Review Platform
Learn More: What is PubSweet?
See Also: Here’s the eLife announcement that we shared on Wednesday.
2. 1.9 Billion Data Records Exposed in First Half of 2017, Up 164% vs. 2nd Half of 2016 (via Dark Reading) ||| Access Full Text Report Discussed in Article
3. Jonathan Band is the Winner of ALA’s 2017 Patterson Copyright Award
4. This AI Reads the News to Keep Tabs on US Police Shootings (via New Scientist)
5. VR: University Libraries-led Team wins $95k IMLS Grant (via Virginia Tech University) ||| Read the Project Proposal
6. How Reuters Used Public Information to Build The Most Comprehensive Database of Taser-Involved Deaths Yet (via Muckrock)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.