1. Judge Explains KinderGuides Copyright Case Decision (via Andrew Albanese, Publishers Weekly)
See Also: Statement from Simon & Schuster and Random House
See Also: Full Text: Court Opinion and Order (PDF)
2. Fast Fact From NPD: 90 Percent of Apple iPhone Customers Purchase Another iPhone When They Decide to Upgrade Devices
3. Declan Kiely Named The New York Public Library’s Director of Exhibitions
4. Carnegie Mellon University Becomes 1,000th Institution to Select Ex Libris Alma Library Services Platform
5. Glimpse Into the New ReadCube Papers App
Note: Early Beta release coming soon.
6. Metadata: Booknet Canada’s Biblioshare Database Reaches 2.5 Million Records
7. Benetech Partners with California State Library to Bring Bookshare to Patrons who Read Differently
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.