1. Impactstory and the Public Knowledge Project Announce Strategic Relationship
2. Open Access: University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) and University of Arizona (AU) Join U. of California Press Luminos Membership Program (via Luminos Newsletter)
UCSB joins at Courier Level, UA at Garamond Level.
3.Elsevier: PlumX Metrics Now on Scopus & What’s New on Scopus: PlumX Metrics, Changes to Citation Overview Pages and a New CiteScore Widget
4. Twitter Lost 2 Million Users in the U.S. Last Quarter (via WaPo)
5. Report: Open Access Publishing in Serbia and Western Balkan Open Science Working Group (via OpenAire Blog)
6. The Czech Republic National Strategy of Open Access to Scientific Information and Data (via OpenAire Blog)
7. Washington D.C.: Final Terms of the Apple Lease for Historic Carnegie Library Approved
19,000 Sq. Foot Apple Store, DC Historical Society Museum and Library Will Remain in this Location
8. WhatsApp Hits 1 Billion Daily Users, WhatsApp Status Hits to 250M Daily Users and Instagram Stories Also at 250M (via TechCrunch) & With 2 Billion Monthly Active Users, Facebook Brings in Revenue of $9.3 Billion in Q2 (via Variety)
9. Wiley Signs National License Agreement in India For Unlimited Access to Cochrane Library
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.