From the American Library Association:
The Committee on Accreditation (COA) of the American Library Association (ALA) announces accreditation actions taken at the 2017 Annual Conference Meeting.
Continued Accreditation status was granted to the following programs, with the next comprehensive review visit scheduled to take place in spring 2024:
- Master of Library and Information Studies at the University of Alabama;
- Master of Science in Information at the University of Michigan;
- Master of Library Science and Master of Arts in Library Science at Texas Woman’s University;
- Master of Library and Information Science at the University of South Carolina;
- Master of Information at the University of Toronto.
ALA accreditation indicates that the program has undergone a self-evaluation process, has been externally reviewed and meets the Standards for Accreditation of Master’s Programs in Library and Information Studies, established by COA and adopted by ALA Council. COA evaluates each program for conformity to the Standards, which address systematic planning; curriculum; faculty; students; administration, finances, and resources.
A complete list of programs and degrees accredited by ALA can be found in the Directory of ALA-Accredited MLIS Programs. Individuals who would like more information about a particular program should contact the program directly.