1. Malcolm Gladwell Kicks Off Library Letter-Writing Campaign in Support of Increased Funding For New York City Libraries
2. California: Humboldt State University Library Faces $150,000 in Budget Cuts (via The Lumberjack)
3. George Coe Retires from Follett After Only One Month in COO Position (via PW)
4. Canada: CARL (Canadian Association of Research Libraries) and OCUL (Ontario Council of University Libraries) Work Together to Enhance Canada’s Data Management and Digital Preservation Landscape
5. ProQuest and InfoReady Simplify Grant Workflow
Filed under: Academic Libraries, Data Files, Digital Preservation, Funding, Libraries, Management and Leadership, News, Preservation, Roundup
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.