1961-1970 material was released on govinfo today.
This release covers debates and proceedings of the 87th through the 91st Congresses. Spanning approximately 380,000 Congressional Record pages, this era covers historical topics such as:
- The Administrations of Presidents John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, and the first two years of the Administration of President Richard M. Nixon
- The Civil Rights Era
- The Vietnam War
- The Space Program and Moon Landing
- Legislation of the Great Society and the War on Poverty, including:
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Fair Housing Act of 1968
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Economic Opportunity Act of 1964
- Immigration Act of 1965
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965
- Endangered Species Act of 1966
- Public Broadcasting Act of 1967
Last month (March 7, 2017), GPO released digitized volumes of the Congressional Record 1971-1980.
With today’s release, digitized bound editions of the Congressional Record from 1961-2005 are available online. Content can be browsed by date and keyword searched.