UK: U. of Cambridge Library Shares Data About eBook Usage During 2016
We have recently completed the epic exercise of compiling 2016 usage statistics for over 75,000 ebooks on more than sixty platforms.
The steep growth in ebooks usage that we saw between 2013 and 2015 has slowed down and looks as though it is starting to plateau. Neverthless, there was still an increase in usage of 4.43% from 2015.
Other data/charts in the post includes:
- Overall ebook usage by year
- Share of titles by hit frequency
- Overall ebook usage by month (2016)
- The five ebook platforms with the biggest usage in 2016
- The fastest growing platforms from 2015 (excluding newly acquired platforms)
- The five platforms with lowest usage
- Five platforms with the greatest falls in usage
The complete blog post is available here and also includes a list of the Top 20 ebook titles for 2016.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.