Here’s a report that answers many questions about Daylight Saving Time (DST).
It was researched/published by the Congressional Research Service (CRS) and made accessible online (free) via EveryCRSReport.com.
The report is organized into the following sections:
- When and Why Was Daylight Saving Time Enacted?
- Has the Law Been Amended Since Inception?
- Which States and Territories Do Not Observe DST?
- What Other Countries Observe DST?
- Which Federal Agency Regulates DST in the United States?
- How Does an Area Move on or off DST?
- How Can States and Territories Change an Area’s Time Zone?
- DST-Impact Studies
- Energy Savings and Cost
- Federal Studies
- Sample Scholarly Journal Articles
- What Federal Legislation Has Been Introduced Related to DST?
- 108th Congress
- 107th Congress
- 106th Congress
- 102nd Congress
- 95th Congress
- Where Can I Find More Information on DST?
Direct to Full Text