1. Workbench to Provide Maryland Public Libraries with Its Virtual Maker Space
2. Charleston Conference Announces Date Change for 2017
3. LYRASIS Announces $100,000 Catalyst Fund; Seeks Applications
5. OverDrive Reports 21% of Growth of Digital Titles (Ebooks & Audiobooks) Borrowed From Libraries and Schools in 2016 (vs. 2015)
Specifics: Ebooks Up 16%, Audiobooks Up 34%
6. Joseph D. Combs Jr. Appointed ARL Visiting Program Officer for Accessibility
7. New Media Consortium (NMC) Appoints Eden Dahlstom as Executive Director
Dahlstrom was formerly Chief Research Officer at EDUCAUSE.
8. Emerald Publishing Launches New Group Brand
9. Ken Weine, VP of Communications/Marketing at New York Public Library, Takes New Job at Met (via NY Times)
10. NLM Tox Town Gets a Facelift for 2017 (via NLM Tech Bulletin)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.