List/Ranking: What Were the Most Edited Wikipedia Articles in 2016?
From the Wikimedia Blog:
Regardless of how you feel about this year, Wikipedia editors were there to help you understand what happened in 2016 and then some. Without further ado, here is 2016 as seen through the most-edited articles on the English Wikipedia, both for the full year and by month.
Top 20 Most Edited Wikipedia Articles (Full Year)
- Deaths in 2016 (18230 edits)
- Donald Trump (8933)
- List of Hillary Clinton presidential campaign endorsements (6527)
- United States presidential election, 2016 (6162
- Republican Party presidential primaries, 2016 (5715)
- 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting (5540)
- Bailando 2015 (5342)
- Donald Trump presidential campaign endorsements, 2016 (5328)
- 2016 in sports (5277)
- 2016 in South Korean music (5074)
- Beverly Gray (4957)
- Statewide opinion polling for the United States presidential election (4743)
- Panama Papers (4659)
- 2016 in Philippine television (4600)
- 2016 Pacific typhoon season (4244)
- 2016 Atlantic hurricane season (3874)
- Democratic Party presidential primaries, 2016 (3736)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (3593)
- The Life of Pablo (3574)
- Vincent van Gogh (3551)
Direct to Complete Blog Post and Most-Edited Articles By Month Lists
On a Related Note…
NEW VIDEO: Katherine Maher, Wikimedia Foundation’s Executive Director, Speaks at Google HQ on “The Sum of All Knowledge”
Complete presentation, 55 minutes.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.