Scholarly publishing company HighWire Press today announced its acquisition of Semantico, a privately held provider of technology and services for the scholarly publishing market.
Read the Complete Announcement
- HighWire Press and Semantico have formed an integration team to quickly deliver benefits to customers based on complementary technologies, services, and products.
- HighWire will maintain Semantico’s offices in New York and Brighton to extend support across regions and time zones. Employees will continue to serve their current customers.
- HighWire’s Belfast office opened in March 2016, and comprises teams including engineering, project management, and professional services. With the addition of Semantico’s team, HighWire has nearly doubled its staff in Europe to support the expanding customer base in UK and Europe and all global publishers.
Customers and partners
- Together HighWire and Semantico provide digital publishing solutions to support more than 4,000 web sites for over 160 publishers. Each month, over 60M unique visitors engage with content across platforms.
- HighWire Press and Semantico’s platforms, solutions, and services are complementary: JCore for journals, Folio for books, Scolaris for non-structured content and Sigma as a more specialist access and authentication solution.
- Both organizations have long-term partnerships with customers and technology partners and will continue to seek out strategic partners who can add value and innovation to our growing portfolio of products and services – recent partnerships include TrendMD and PaperHive.
Lean More About Scolaris, SAMS, and Other Semantico Products
Examples of Semantico-Powered Services