Samsung Digital Library Opens Inside National Library of Turkey
From Samsung Turkey:
[On Tuesday,] Samsung Electronics Turkey [opened] of the Samsung Digital Library, which offers free digital access to the valuable works retained in the archive of the National Library of Turkey, as well as contemporary e-publications. This project was realized in cooperation with the National Library with a total investment of 500,000 USD.
Visitors to the Samsung Digital Library, which is located within the National Library, can access the following works freely:
- 27,000 volumes of handwritten work in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic,
- Periodical publications day by day from Ottoman era to the Republic,
- Periodicals and more than 2 million newspapers published since 1928,
- Almost 60,000 Ottoman newspapers,
- French and English publications in the Turkish Hearth Collection,
- Karagöz & Hacivat archives,
- Film posters,
- Maps, notes, stamps,
- Political posters,
- More than 5,000 phonograph records.
Direct to Complete Launch Announcement
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.