From Samsung Turkey:
[On Tuesday,] Samsung Electronics Turkey [opened] of the Samsung Digital Library, which offers free digital access to the valuable works retained in the archive of the National Library of Turkey, as well as contemporary e-publications. This project was realized in cooperation with the National Library with a total investment of 500,000 USD.
Visitors to the Samsung Digital Library, which is located within the National Library, can access the following works freely:
- 27,000 volumes of handwritten work in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic,
- Periodical publications day by day from Ottoman era to the Republic,
- Periodicals and more than 2 million newspapers published since 1928,
- Almost 60,000 Ottoman newspapers,
- French and English publications in the Turkish Hearth Collection,
- Karagöz & Hacivat archives,
- Film posters,
- Maps, notes, stamps,
- Political posters,
- More than 5,000 phonograph records.
Direct to Complete Launch Announcement