1. Randomly Selected SSRN (Social Science Research Network) Visitors Are Seeing Beta Release of New Site Design, Features (via SSRN Blog)
Background: Elsevier acquired SSRN on May 17, 2016. Since then a new open social science archive, SocArXiv, has launched.
2. University of Kansas Rejects Springer Journal Package
3. Wilson Library (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) Launches T-Shirt Archive (via UNC Library Blog)
4. Food and Libraries: DC Public Library Sees Spike in Library Card Applications Amid Free ShopHouse Promo
5. Data: Consumers Have Nearly Unlimited Content Options, But How Many Do They Really Use? (via Nielsen)
6. Shifts in Usage Behavior Across All Smartphone Users Nearly Triple the Amount of Video Data Consumed Monthly Per User In Q2 2016 vs. the Year Prior (via NPD)
7. Steady Growth in CRL Licensing Efforts
8. Dave Lambert, President and CEO of Internet2, Announces Retirement
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.