Collection Development Roundup: A Selection of New, Full Text Reference/Research/Data-Rich Documents Available Online
All of the reports and resources listed below have been made available online in recent days and are free to access/download. Many of these resources include charts, maps, and other tools.
UPDATE September 26
FBI Releases Crime in the United States, 2015
- Blog Post, Links
- Crime in the United States, 2015 also features several smaller reports:
- Federal Crime Data, the second report from UCR looking at crime reporting from federal agencies, includes 2015 data from FBI and ATF cases as well as traditional offense information from other federal agencies.
- Human Trafficking, the third report from UCR’s Human Trafficking data collection, includes general content about human trafficking as well as data provided by agencies that reported human trafficking offenses in 2015.
- Cargo Theft, the third report from UCR’s Cargo Theft data collection, contains general information about cargo theft and data provided by agencies that reported cargo theft violations during 2015.
- Direct to Full Text Report: Crime in the United States, 2015
In the EU, Number of First Time Asylum Seekers Slightly Up to Almost 306,000 in Q2 2016
6 pages; PDF.
Assessment of the UK Post-Referendum Economy: September 2016 (via UK Office of National Statistics)
Darkened Screen: Constraints on Foreign Journalists in China (via PEN America Center)
76 pages; PDF.
Protecting Cultural Heritage: An Imperative For Humanity (via INTERPOL, UNDOC, et al.)
28 pages; PDF
More than 80% Of Primary School Pupils in EU Were Studying a Foreign Language in 2014 (via Eurostat)
8 pages; PDF.
Employee Tenure In 2016 (via Bureau of Labor Statistics)
11 pages; PDF.
Transnational Organized Crime in the Pacific: A Threat Assessment (via UNODC)
138 pages; PDF.
Wireless Industry (U.S.)
19th Mobile Wireless Competition Report (via FCC)
19th Report – Quick Facts and Additional Information (via FCC)
More New Research/Reference Report Roundups
1. September 22, 2016 Roundup (5 Items)
2. September 19, 2016 Roundup (27 Items)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.