News and New Resources Roundup
1. Google Cultural Institute Releases Collection of Digitized Materials From 50 Natural History Museums ||| Direct to Content
“More than 150 interactive stories from experts, 300,000 new photos and videos, and more than 30 virtual tours…”
2. Cameraphone-Based Info Tools: Shelfie Announces Launch of Ebook Deal Finder by Simply Taking a Picture (via Shelfie Blog)
Using the app is simple, you take a snapshot of your bookshelf (a “shelfie”) and the app uses patented computer vision algorithms to automatically catalog your entire library. The Shelfie Deal Finder then curates a list of recommended titles based on how you and hundreds of thousands of other readers organize their bookshelves.
On a related note, take a look at PhotoMath. It’s another cameraphone-based info tool.
3. Google Cultural Institute Releases Tour of UK’s Prime Minister’s Residence (10 Downing Street) ||| Direct to Content
4. Data/Statistics: Eurostat Regional Yearbook 2016
- Full Text Report (274 pages; PDF)
- Interactive: Regional Statistics Illustrated
- Interactive: Statistical Atlas
- Mobile: My Region App
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.