From the American Library Association:
The Committee on Accreditation (COA) of the American Library Association (ALA) announces accreditation actions taken at the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando.
Continued Accreditation status was granted to the following programs, with the next comprehensive review visit scheduled to take place in spring 2023:
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science at the Catholic University of America (DC);
- Master of Arts in Library and Information Science at the University of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Library and Information Science at the University of South Florida
- Master of Science in Information Sciences at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
Candidacy status was maintained for the following program, with the next comprehensive review visit scheduled to take place in spring 2019:
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science at Chicago State University (IL)..
ALA accreditation indicates that the program has undergone a self-evaluation process, has been externally reviewed and meets the Standards for Accreditation of Master’s Programs in Library and Information Studies, established by COA and adopted by ALA Council. COA evaluates each program for conformity to the Standards, which address mission, goals and objectives; curriculum; faculty; students; administration and financial support; and physical resources and facilities.
A complete list of programs and degrees accredited by ALA can be found in the Directory of ALA-Accredited MLIS Programs. Individuals who would like more information about a particular program should contact the program directly.