Video of Today’s Presentation of 2016 National Medal for Museum and Library Service Awards at White House Now Online
First Lady Michelle Obama presented the 2016 National Medal for Museum and Library Service Awards today at an event earlier today at the White House.
The awards are presented by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
A video of the event is embedded below and a transcript of the First Lady’s prepared remarks can be accessed here.
Medals were presented to:
- Brooklyn Public Library (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- The Chicago History Museum (Chicago, Ill.)
- Columbia Museum of Art (Columbia, S.C.)
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center for Children (Gulfport, Miss.)
- Madison Public Library (Madison, Wis.)
- Mid-America Science Museum (Hot Springs, Ark.)
- North Carolina State University Libraries (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Otis Library (Norwich, Conn.)
- Santa Ana Public Library (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Tomaquag Museum (Exeter, R.I.)
See Also: Winners of 2016 National Medal for Museum and Library Service Announced (April 16, 2016)
See Also: IMLS Announces Finalists For 2016 National Medal for Museum and Library Services Announced (February 23, 2016)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.