Roundup: New and Updated U.S. Data Available Online From Census, BTS, NLM, and BJS
1. New Employment Market Data: San Francisco and Travis, Texas, Lead Nation in Employment Growth Among Large Counties (via U.S. Census)
2. Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2015 (via BLS)
2. Bureau of Transportation Statistics Releases 2015 Border Crossing/Entry Data.
The database includes numbers of personal vehicles, incoming trucks, trains, buses, containers and pedestrians entering the United States through land ports and ferry crossings on the U.S.-Canada and U.S.-Mexico border. Collection of border-crossing data began in response to implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1994. The data allow tracking of cross-border traffic and are used for transportation planning, port studies, travel analyses, and corridor assessments.
Data back to 1995 is available in this database.
3. Environment/Chemicals: 2014 Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Data Added to NLM’s ToxMap ||| Direct to ToxMap
4. Bureau of Justice Statistics: 2013 data added to the Federal Criminal Case Processing Statistics (FCCPS) data analysis tool
You can access data on suspects and defendants processed in the federal criminal justice system, including the areas of—
- federal law enforcement
- prosecution and courts
Users can also look up data based on title and section of the U.S. Criminal Code. Data are from BJS’s Federal Justice Statistics Resource Center (FJSRC), which compiles comprehensive information describing persons processed in the federal criminal justice system, ranging from arrest to reentry.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.