Video: How the HathiTrust Copyright Review Program Works & HathiTrust Announces Three New Hires
Here’s a video recording of a HathiTrust webcast recorded yesterday.
From the Description:
HathiTrust’s collections include over 5.4 million volumes that are open for reading. A substantial number of these volumes are open because of cooperative copyright investigations conducted by staff as part of the Copyright Review Management System project (CRMS). Mike Furlough and Kristina Eden explain the factors that govern access to volumes in HathiTrust and how the copyright review program works.
- Mike Furlough is the Executive Director of HathiTrust
- Kristina Eden is the HathiTrust Copyright Review Project Manager
- Heather Christenson will join HathiTrust as Program Officer for Federal Documents and Collections, building partnerships to drive the expansion of the federal documents collection and services that support the discovery, access, and preservation of these materials
- Sandra McIntyre will serve as HathiTrust’s new Director of Services and Operations. For the last eight years McIntyre has directed the Mountain West Digital Library (MWDL), a collaborative digital library organization hosted at the University of Utah.
- Lizanne Payne, a nationally recognized expert in shared collection management, joins HathiTrust as the Program Officer for Shared Print Initiatives.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.