From the Association of American Publishers:
The PreK-12 Learning Group of the Association of American Publishers (AAP) has issued a new summary of technical and data interoperability standards relevant to educational product development, “A Survey of the Ed Tech Standards Landscape.” The white paper is a follow-up to the Ed Tech Forum at the Learning Group’s 2015 Content in Context (CIC) conference.
At the Ed Tech Forum, representatives from nine different standards and specifications groups each introduced their standard, its purpose, and where it fits in the ed tech development landscape. The white paper summarizes these presentations and links to videos, slide decks, and related resources for each standard. It also includes a list and brief summary of other standards that are important to the ed tech development community which will be explored at future events or in future publications.
The standards, specifications, and initiatives covered include:
- Accessibility Metadata
- Common Education Data Standards (CEDS)
- Data Privacy & Security
- EPUB3 and EDUPUB
- Experience API (xAPI)
- IMS Question-Test Interoperability (QTI)® and Accessible Portable Item Protocol (APIP)®
- Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) Technology Requirements
- Standards Interoperability Framework (SIF)
Direct to Full Text White Paper (29 pages; PDF)