Federal Elections Commission (FEC) Launches Beta.FEC.gov
Beta.FEC.gov debuted today.
From the site:
We’re designing this site in phases. This allows us to launch new features faster than releasing a completely redesigned fec.gov. The official site for FEC data is still the Campaign Finance Disclosure Portal.
What’s Available Today on the Beta Site
See how money is raised and spent in federal elections. Compare candidates’ financial data. Learn how campaigns have spent their money. Discover who contributed to which candidates.
Coming Soon to Beta Site
- FEC Calendar
- Learn how congressional candidates and committees register and report
- Added resources around registration, reporting and compliance
- Improvements to campaign data tools, including exportable data and additional visualizations
- A revamped tool for searching advisory opinions and enforcement actions
- Further improvements to the new look and feel of the website
Direct to BETA.FEC.gov
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.