News Roundup: Items From and About RUSA, Boston Public Library, NC State Libraries, and Others
1. Missouri: Kansas City Library and KC Public Schools Partner to Launch Wi-Fi Hotpsot Lending Program
2. Special Collections: DC Public Library Wants to Start a Go-Go Music Archive (via Wash Post)
3. Winners Announced: The New York Public Library’s StartUP! Business Plan Competition Offers Sweet Rewards to New York City Entrepreneurs
4. RUSA Announces New Vice-President/President-Elect, Alesia McManus
5. Lisa Bevilaqua is the New Boston Public Library Foundation Welcomes at Boston Public Library Foundation
6. NCSU Libraries to Offer Second Round of Alt-Textbook Grants
7. Canada: Thomson Reuters Opening New Data and Innovation Lab in Waterloo, Ontario
Additional Info: Data and Innovation Lab website.
MORE TO COME
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.