Reporters from Michigan Public Radio visited seven public libraries in Michigan during the past two months and share what they learned in a series of articles.
The seven libraries visited:
- Ann Arbor District Library
- Kent District Library
- Macomb Library For the Blind
- Pickney Community Public Library
- Traverse Area District Library
- Walton Erickson Public Library
- Ypsilanti District Library Bookmobile
From Introductory Post:
In the age of the Internet, what’s the future of the local library?
We drove across the state and visited several local libraries to see for ourselves. We found libraries that serve their communities in different ways.
Some still use card catalogs (they stay open when the power goes out.)
And others that offer their patrons access to all kinds of technology.
Each report can be accessed here or here.