New Online: PASTEUR4OA Project Releases Data Visualisations on Open Access Policies Worldwide
From the PASTEUR4OA Project Web Site:
Most of the data visualisations are based on data taken from ROARMAP on 24th August 2015, though some use live data. The use of live ROARMAP data is an area the PASTEUR4OA team hope to carry out more investigation into over the duration of the project.
The visualisations illustrate questions including:
- How many Open Access policies are there worldwide?
- What countries do the policies come from?
- Which countries have the most Open Access policies?
- How many policies are Horizon2020 compliant?
- Do the policies mention APCs?
- When do policies require deposit?
- Do mandatory policies lead to deposit in an Institutional repository?
Direct to Open Access Data Visualization Web Site
Note: The web site also includes data from Thomson Reuters and Altmetrics.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.