Research Tools: Population Reference Bureau Releases 2015 World Population Data Sheet, Visualizations, and Interactive World Map
From the Population Reference Bureau:
Every year, PRB provides the latest demographic data for the world, global regions, and more than 200 countries. This year’s collection of indicators include several focusing on the status of women in key areas such as education, employment, and government. Looking at the numbers across the world, we can get a picture of women’s progress towards empowerment—all available at www.prb.org.
This year’s Data Sheet package includes:
• A multifaceted digital visualization at www.worldpopdata.org featuring a customized data dashboard where users can view multiple indicators for a region or country.
• A video focusing on what the data say about the state of women’s empowerment.
• An interactive world map illustrating key demographic variables by country and region.
• A lesson plan for teachers.
• Data in PRB’s DataFinder database.
And for the first time, PRB has created a mobile-friendly data query feature that allows easy access on mobile devices to key data points for all the countries and regions on our Data Sheet.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.