Knight Foundation Announces Plan For a Second Knight News Challenge Focused on Library Innovation
From the Knight Foundation Blog:
Today we are happy to share that we will run a second challenge focused on library innovation in 2016, and we would like your thoughts to help shape the challenge around the future needs and opportunities for libraries. Please share your thoughts with us on Twitter using the hashtag #newschallenge by Aug. 1.
Here are a handful of questions to get you started, but any thoughts on the future of libraries will be helpful:
- What new ways could libraries connect to outside partners, institutions or audiences?
- How should libraries prioritize their resources?
- What amazing things happening in libraries should be amplified?
- Whose work in libraries should Knight Foundation know about?
- What will libraries look like in 10, 20 or 50 years?
- What challenges does your library face adapting to the digital age?
We’ll announce the specific question for the challenge in 2016 and open the call for ideas in March. And we will present the winners at the ALA annual conference in Orlando next summer.
Read the Complete Blog Post
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.