The document mentioned below might be of interest many of you.
The Technical Requirements document is primarily intended for new and continuing vendors of the University of California’s systemwide licensed electronic resources, [our emphasis] but it’s worth a read by those interested in how we set expectations for these vendors.
Major changes in the 2015 revision:
- Updates to many linked standards
- Substantial changes and additions to several sections, including:
- Authentication – Vendor Managed Authentication
- Accessibility / ADA Compliance
- User Interface / Usability
- Presentation of Access Entitlements
- Mobile Device Computing
- Text and Data Mining
- Usage Statistics
Direct to Full Text Document: Technical Requirements For Licensed Resources (Revised 5/08/2015)
30 pages; PDF.