IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations) has posted a recording (with slides) of a recent webinar (April 16, 2015). Access to the material is free.
“New Librarians Global Connection: Best Practices, Models and Recommendations“ is a series of free quarterly webinars on issues of interest to new librarians.
The free webinars are presented by IFLA Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning and IFLA New Professionals Special Interest Group in partnership with the American Library Association.
Details About Recorded Webinar
- Eva Dahlbäck; Acting Head of Customer Service, University of Stockholm; Stockholm, Sweden
- Kimberly Sweetman; Library Consultant; Amsterdam, Netherlands
This webinar is designed for people who have been called upon to serve a leadership role and those who wish to take on more leadership responsibility. The session outlines essential skills for 21st century library leaders and help participants gain a deeper understanding of their own role, as well as that of their department and library within the larger picture of their umbrella organization. Topics such as emotional intelligence, professional behavior, understanding organizational culture, change management, and intellectual agility are be covered in a practical, non-theoretical way.
- Participants will develop an understanding of essential skills for library leader
- Participants will become familiar with the tools for understanding the larger picture of higher education administration
- Participants will learn how to better know their organization to be a more successful leader
Listen to the Recorded Webinar
Previous Webinars in the Series
This webinar series began in 2012 and recordings of all webinars are online and also free to access.
Additional Source: IFLA Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning Announcement
See Also: NPSIG Webinar Page