A bunch of DPLA news today as the organization celebrates it’s second anniversary as DPLAFest takes place in Indianapolis.
This news release has a roundup of both today’s news and other recent DPLA announcements that we’ve also shared in the past few months.
Here’s a Brief Summary:
1. The DPLA collection of aggregated metadata and links now contains more that 10,000,000 records/items from more than 1600 contributing institutions. This is a quadrupling of content since launch two years ago and more than triple the number of contributors since launch (500 contributors on launch day).
2. New contributors to DPLA with content now available:
- Empire State Digital Network
- California Digital Library
- Minnesota Digital Library
- 50,000 items from Indiana Memory
3. New Partnership with PBS LearningMedia
4. New Partnership with Learning Registry Collaboration (Will Provide Access to DPLA Exhibitions)
Other Projects Recapped in the Announcement Include:
- Far-reaching “Hydra-in-a-Box” Joint Initiative Funded by IMLS
- New Board Chair and New Board Member Announced
- Collaboration with HathiTrust for Open Ebooks
- Sloan Foundation-funded Work on Ebooks
Read the Complete Announcement