Research Data: DataCite Shares Info About Upcoming Infrastructure Upgrade
DataCite is planning for the upgrade discussed below to take place next month (March 2015).
From the DataCite Blog:
We are upgrading the DataCite infrastructure in order to make it easier to add new functionality over the coming months. The changes should improve performance and reliability. They should make testing and deployment simpler, more robust, and more automated. At the same time, we will upgrade the hardware, which should result in faster speeds for some operations.
What Does the Upgrade Include?
- Update operating system, Java, and libraries to the latest versions.
- Introduce automatic deployment scripts.
- Fully document deployment processes
- Update the test environment
- Move to higher performance hardware.
- Introduce a proxy server to support switching between releases and provide options for load balancing.
Additional info about the upgrade in the complete blog post.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.