The data files listed/linked below were released online earlier this week by the U.S. Census.
From the Census Web Site:
This table package provides Current Population Survey statistics on academic achievement by demographic characteristics, such as age, sex and Hispanic origin.
It also includes detailed information on years of school completed, showing how many years of education adults have completed for each level of attainment.
A variety of historical time series tables going back to 1940 are also provided, as are graphs illustrating historical data.
The new data tables are available in .csv or .xls formats on this page or using the direct links below.
Table 1. Educational Attainment of the Population 18 Years and Over, by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 2014
- All Races [XLS – 19K] [CSV – 5.6K]
- White alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.4K]
- Non-Hispanic White alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.2K]
- Black alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.3K]
- Asian alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.0K]
- Hispanic (of any race) [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.5K]
- White alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.4K]
- Black alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.3K]
- Asian alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.0K]
Table 2. Educational Attainment of the Population 25 Years and Over, by Selected Characteristics: 2014