Reference: New Data From U.S. Census: “Educational Attainment in the United States: 2014”
The data files listed/linked below were released online earlier this week by the U.S. Census.
From the Census Web Site:
This table package provides Current Population Survey statistics on academic achievement by demographic characteristics, such as age, sex and Hispanic origin.
It also includes detailed information on years of school completed, showing how many years of education adults have completed for each level of attainment.
A variety of historical time series tables going back to 1940 are also provided, as are graphs illustrating historical data.
The new data tables are available in .csv or .xls formats on this page or using the direct links below.
Table 1. Educational Attainment of the Population 18 Years and Over, by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 2014
- All Races [XLS – 19K] [CSV – 5.6K]
- White alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.4K]
- Non-Hispanic White alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.2K]
- Black alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.3K]
- Asian alone [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.0K]
- Hispanic (of any race) [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.5K]
- White alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 5.4K]
- Black alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.3K]
- Asian alone or in combination [XLS – 16K] [CSV – 4.0K]
Table 2. Educational Attainment of the Population 25 Years and Over, by Selected Characteristics: 2014
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.