Industry News Headline Roundup
1. Web of Science Adds KCI Korean Journal Database
“The KCI Korean Journal Database provides a comprehensive snapshot of the most influential regional content from researchers in South Korea. Using citation connections from the Web of Science™, regional work is framed within the broader context of global research.”
2. Rent/Own Articles: ReadCube’s Checkout Technology Rolled Out Across All Wiley Journals
— What it Looks Like
3. Singapore’s National Library Board Joins the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL)
BHL now includes 16 member and 5 affiliate institutions and at last count provides free online access to 88,071 titles/152,090 volumes/44,879,175 pages.
4. EPUB News Roundup From Frankfurt CONTEC Conference (via EPUB Zone)
5. Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI) Transfers Stewardship to Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
Previously, stewardship was in the control of the Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons.
More to Come
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.