California: Add the Sunnyvale Public Library to Your List of Library Publishers
A note on the San Jose Mercury News web site points out that the Sunnyvale Public Library (SPL) is underway with a project that will make them publisher of an ebook anthology of poetry, short non-fiction, and short stories written by local authors. The plan is to release the book next April (2015).
This “Get ePublished” page on the SPL website has all of the details including info on a writing workshop that is also part of the project.
Some Additional Facts About the Project
- A New Group, Bay Area Library ePublishers (BALE) is Presenting the Project
- Funding from California State Library
- Guidelines For Submission
- one of the first 100 submissions received between September 1 and November 3
- either set in the Bay Area or about the Bay Area
- a poem, a short non-fiction piece, or a short story (no novels nor novellas)
- digitally produced in either Microsoft Word or PDF format
- free from any other copyright holders
Again, more info and FAQ on the “Get Published” page.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.