1. Kansas City: National Archives (NARA) Acquires 112,000 Square Feet of Additional Space at SubTropolis
Note: SubTropolis is the world’s largest underground business complex.
2. IOP ebooks awarded ALPSP Award for Innovation in Publishing
See Also: Interview with Head of Sales at IOP Publishing re: Ebooks
3. University of Maryland Libraries’ Will Open MakerSpace One Week From Today
4. Missouri: Mid-Continent Public Library System Converting Collection From Barcodes to RFID Using Technology From Bibliotheca
5. Utah St. University Selects Innovative’s Encore Duet and EBSCO Discovery Service
6. Launch of Blackwell Learning e-book platform (via The Bookseller)
Filed under: Archives and Special Collections, Awards, EBSCO, Interviews, Libraries, News, Profiles, Public Libraries, Publishing
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.