From the Web Site:
This annual publication is the authoritative source for accurate and relevant information on the state of education around the world.
Featuring more than 150 charts, 300 tables, and over 100 000 figures, it provides data on the structure, finances, and performance of education systems in the OECD’s 34 member countries, as well as a number of partner countries.
What’s New in the 2014 Publication
- New indicators on private institutions, on what it takes to become a teacher, and on the availability of, and participation in, professional development activities for teachers.
- Data from the 2012 Survey of Adult Skills, on attainment, employment, intergenerational education mobility, earnings, and social outcomes related to skills proficiency.
- Data from the 2013 OECD Teaching and Learning International Survey (TALIS) and the 2012 OECD Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) in several indicators.
- Analysis of the impact of the recent economic crisis on the interplay among educational attainment, employment, earnings and public finance.
- More in-depth information related to upper secondary completion rates and the types and use of student loans.
- For the first time, data from Colombia and Latvia.
Additional Materials Available Include:
- Online Country Comparison Tool