Learn More: New Promo Video About Europeana Newspapers (Digitisation and Access Project)
The Europeana Newspapers promo video embedded below was released in the past week.
Europeana Newspapers on Vimeo.
Fast Facts About Europeana Newspapers
- Funded under the European Commission’s CIP 2007 – 2013 programme;
- A three-year project, running until January 2015;
- Aggregating 18 million historic newspaper pages for Europeana and The European Library;
- Converting 10 million newspaper pages to full text. This will help users quickly search for specific articles, people and locations mentioned within the newspaper;
- Creating a special content viewer to improve online newspaper browsing.
- Building tools that will allow professionals to better assess the quality of newspaper digitisation in relation to level of detail, speed and costs.
Direct to Europeana Newspapers Search Prototype
Direct to Project Blog
Direct to List of Europeana Newspapers Project Goals
- Make Digital Newspapers Easier To Search
- Put Digital Newspapers Within Everyone’s Reach
- Create Tools That Help Experts To Assess Quality
- Assemble An Overview Of Newspaper Digitisation In Europe
- Create Best-Practice Recommendations For Newspaper Metadata
- Raise Awareness Through Workshops and Information Days
See Also: Europeana Newspapers Project Now Includes Content From Eight Data Partners (Over 1 Million Issues Now Searchable Online)
From April 22, 2014.
Filed under: Data Files, Libraries, News, Patrons and Users
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.