News Roundup: Items From IOP, ARL, SAGE, CHORUS, ProQuest, Follett, and Others
1. Scholarly Publishing: Five IOP Journals to End Print Run, Will Switch to Electronic Only
Transition will take effect with 2015 subscription year.
2. Nominations Now Open for 2014 Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award
3. Debut Issue of SHARE (SHared Access Research Ecosystem) Monthly E-Newsletter Now Online
Published by ARL.
4. SAGE launches resource of extensive, interactive social science data from across the U.S.
5. CHORUS Seeking Business Development Manager
6. ProQuest Hires Two VP’s
- ProQuest Expands Workflow Solutions Leadership Team with Roger Retke, Vice President, Strategic Projects
7. Follett Adds McGraw-Hill Professional Ebook Titles To K-12 School Library Collection
8. M.E. Sharpe Transitions from Its Proprietary Publisher Direct Database Platform, Works with EBSCO to Assure Customers Maintain Perpetual Access
9.Acquisitions: Hachette Book Group, Ingram Content Group, and the Perseus Books Group Announce Major Transaction
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.