Slides/Video from Semantic Web in Libraries 2013 Conference Now Available Online
The Semantic Web in Libraries 2013 (SWIB 13) conference took place on November 25-27, 2013 in Hamburg, Germany.
Presenter slides from seven tutorials/workshops along with slides and video of all conference sessions was made available online earlier this week.
Links to all of the material can be found in the conference program.
Here’s a brief list with the titles of some conference sessions. It is not a complete list.
- Introduction to Linked Open Data
- Linked Data Publication with Drupal
- Analysis of Library Metadata with Metafacture
- Soylent SemWeb Is People! Bringing People to Linked Data
- Automatic Creation of Mappings between Classification Systems for Bibliographic Data
- Mash-up for Book Purchasing
- Linked Data for Libraries: Great Progress, but What Is the Benefit?
- BIBFRAME: Libraries Can Lead Linked Data
- The “OpenCat” Prototype: Linking Public Libraries to National Datasets
- Semantic Web Technology in Europeana
- ResourceSync for Semantic Web Data Copying and Synchronization
- Enhancing an OAI-PMH Service Using Linked Data: A Report from the Sheet Music Consortium
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.